Jacqueline Rubens (1989)
Property; Planning; Commercial; Civil; Public & Administrative Law.
Property & Planning
Jacqueline’s practice includes residential and commercial leases, social housing, boundary disputes and adverse possession, easements, land registration, mortgages, planning control and enforcement, compulsory purchase.
Notable cases include:
- Sakar v Clerkenwell Green Property Management Limited  EWHC 2847 (QB).
- Circle 33 Housing Trust Ltd v Kathmirkmanathan  EWCA Civ 921.
- Chohan v McManus  EWCA Civ 1657.
- Roberts v Ashford BC  RVR 38
- Connors v Northampton BC  6 LAG 31 5/1/04.
- Paddington Churches HA v Nazli Aydin  11 LAG 13
- London Borough of Wandsworth v Osei-Bonsu (1999) 1 WLR 1011 (Counsel at First Instance)
Commercial & Civil Litigation
Jacqueline’s commercial and civil work comprises a broad range of advisory work and litigation including contract, negligence, professional negligence and partnership disputes. Experience gained in over two decades of practice is invaluable to parties considering mediation as a form of alternative dispute resolution.
Public Administrative Law
Jacqueline’s practice covers all areas of judicial review and statutory appeals including community care and housing.
Notable cases include:
- R (Bates) v Barking and Dagenham LBC  EWHC 4218 (Admin)
- R (Chowdhury) v Newham  EWHC 2387 (Admin);  JHL D32
Publications & Talks
- Homelessness Law and Practice, 1 Pump Court Seminar, 11/6/13
- Disrepair, 1 Pump Court Seminar, /12
- Homelessness Update and the Localism Act 2011, /11
- Possession Actions – Practice and Procedure, 6KBW Seminar, 15/11/07
- Purchase Price in Enfranchisement Claims: How Realistic, Landlord and Tenant Review (2005) 9 L & T rev 72
- Demoted Tenancies Part 1, Housing Law Monitor, September/October 2004
- Demoted Tenancies Part 2, Housing Law Monitor, November 2004
- Introductory Tenancies – An Update,  JHL 90
- Boundaries and the Law, Arden Property Seminar: 25/3/04
- CPR Part 55 Practice and Pointers Arden Housing Seminar: 8/3/03
Qualifications & Awards
- LLB (Hons), University College London
- BA History, University of Florida
- ADRg Commercial Mediator
- Public Access
- Inner Temple
- Property Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Planning, Local Government and Environmental Law Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- Housing Law Practitioners Association