Members of our Crime Team prosecute and defend at all levels from summary offences in the Magistrates and Youth Courts to trials on indictment in the Crown Court. Our barristers also appear on appeal to the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
In addition to proceedings where the Crown Prosecution Service is the principal prosecuting authority, our barristers also represent members of the Armed Forces before the Court Martial in the UK and overseas.
Our notable crime decisions include:
- R v Young 78 Crim. App. R. 288
- R (Baines & Baines (a firm) v Inner London Crown Court  2 All ER 1025
- R v Pearce  Crim L.R. 442
- R (Vehicle & Operator Services Agency) v Henderson  EWHC 3118 (Admin)
- R v Sadler  Crim 86
- R v Frederick Harding, The Daily Telegraph (4 May 2005)
- Re R, The Times (4 February 2006)
- R v Shepphard  EWCA Crim 796
- Attorney General’s Reference (No.35 of 2010)  EWCA Crim 2555
- R v Rhodes  EWCA Crim 1221
- R v Clark  EWCA Crim 696
- R v Ege (2012), BBC News
- R v Morrissey (Tara)  EWCA Crim 1518